Please see our currently available roles here, or sign up for our mailing list to find out about new posted roles here.
Spark Climate Solutions is accelerating progress in emerging climate fields, towards repairing the climate. Spark focuses on high-leverage, under-resourced solution areas and takes a systems approach, collaboratively working with experts and other stakeholders, to accelerate these fields by building strategic roadmaps, providing research funding, seeding new organizations, and communicating with the public. Spark’s first focus area is accelerating solutions for near-term warming management, starting with enteric fermentation mitigation and methane removal. Our team has deep expertise in science, engineering, and climate-focused philanthropy. Spark’s funders include the Grantham Foundation, Quadrature Climate Foundation, Astera Institute, Climate Pathfinders Foundation, and Additional Ventures.
Spark seeks a Program Lead for the Enteric Methane Program to lead and manage the development of a strategic, cross-sectoral roadmap. The Program Lead will be expected to translate this work into tangible outcomes, including new government funding priorities and policy changes over multiple years, new research funding programs, and spinning out new non-profit projects and organizations.
Livestock enteric methane production is ~25% of global anthropogenic methane emissions, driving ~0.1°C and counting of current warming. Current commercial solutions incompletely address the very small portion of methane emissions from cows on feedlots and similar, globally estimated at ~2-5%. Addressing the remaining 95%+ requires systematic research, international development, and sociology investments. Spark Climate’s Livestock Methane Program Lead would drive efforts as a leader and manager to develop a strategic, cross-sectoral roadmap and translate it into tangible outcomes such as new government funding priorities and policy changes over multiple years, new research funding programs, and spinning out new non-profit projects and organizations. This role would be interdisciplinary, taking science, engineering, talent, society, economics, and policy into account to advance the field across every dimension.
This is a full-time position with benefits. The salary range is $130,000-$200,000 / year, depending on experience and location. In addition, Spark Climate Solutions provides exceptional benefits including flexible PTO, sick time, holidays, generous health insurance coverage, 401(k) with employer match, and full-covered dental/vision/life insurance, and parental leave.
As with all positions at Spark Climate Solutions, this will be 100% remote. Employees can work anywhere within the United States, or internationally with approval. Our center of gravity is in the SF Bay Area, with a possible option (not requirement) of some in-person work later in 2022.